The Reading Room Mission
The mission of The Reading Room is to help children enjoy reading and to get them reading on grade level or higher. This will be accomplished by training tutors with scientifically proven reading methods that get results. The Reading Room will provide a vastly improved experience over currently available reading tutoring programs. Students will be individually assessed and lessons will be tailored for each child’s needs. With these specialized teaching methods, the students will develop a love for and a strength in reading.
About This Position
- We are looking for Education majors and current or retired elementary school teachers.
- University students majoring in Elementary, Reading, or English Education are preferred.
- You will tutor elementary aged students who struggle with reading in 1-hour, one-on-one tutoring sessions.
- Training will be provided on how to conduct the tutoring sessions.
- Must be available to work with students at a local library. (locations now in Davie, Plantation and Sunrise)
- There is opportunity to work up to 10 hours per week.
- Must be knowledgeable in Zoom and PowerPoint to conduct online sessions